replacement parts

Handy Person from queens ny
Aug 14, 2023 7:06 pm
Good morning, could you please inform me of the replacement parts for these items...Thank you
IMG_0179 IMG_0178 IMG_0180
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 15, 2023 3:49 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

It looks like you have a Simonton coil balance. Take a look at the conversion video shown below that shows the hardware that we recommend to replace this type of assembly. 

Unfortunately, we do not carry a suitable replacement for the sash stop shown in your other two photos but a local hardware store may be able to provide it. Thanks for posting. 

Handy Person from queens ny
Aug 16, 2023 1:52 pm
thank you Casey! I have uploaded the pivot bar for my window. Would there be a replacement? ty
IMG_0184 IMG_0185
2 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2023 2:29 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It actually looks like you have the old-style CertainTeed pivot bar shown in the video below. The Simonton conversion that we mentioned would still work, but you would use the 26-083 with the balanced hardware mentioned in the video included in our last response. 

Detail of 26-083
Detail of 26-083

We also offer the 15-192 CertainTeed pivot shoe, which uses the S170 and S171 coil springs, along with the parts listed under the related items section of the 15-192 product page. Please note that some customers have reported that they needed to shave the front of the shoe down to install it in their window jamb. If you decide to go that route, you would use the 26-175 pivot bar.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts