replacement parts for tilt out windows

A home owner from USA says:
Good Afternoon, would like to know if you sell replacement parts for tilt out windows. Photo shows piece or pieces needed for both sides of the window. Please advise. The round piece along with the flat piece in photo are the parts that I am looking for. The window cannot be raised without falling down. It appears to me that the flat piece broke and is the problem. Just guessing!

Hope this will help.

Thank you
Jackie
coil balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good day, Jackie. Besides a broken pivot bar, I also notice you have a broken spring. For the pivot bar, turn and lift out the broken piece and remove the other piece from the sash. Put the two pieces together and show us a photo with dimensions. For the broken spring, you need to remove the pivot shoe and spring from the track. See our media guides on this page for assistance on how that is done.
Photo shows parts that are needed to repair window. There is no spring, it looks like cooper pieces broke off on both sides of window. Thank you for your assistance.

If you have replacement parts please advise so that I can place an order.

Thanks again
Jackie
Coil assembly
Profile picture of Paul
Hi, Jackie. The photo helps, but I could do to see some more angles, and measurements. I'd like to know the width and thickness of the nylon pivot shoe. As well, besides the front view, we'd like to see the back side of the balance assembly. Are there any numbers stamped on the springs? Finally, we need you to remove the pivot bar from the shoe and give us the overall length, as well as the distance from the end to the screw hole.
Hi Paul

Had trouble sending info from your website. Attached are the dimensions you requested. Also, there is a 7 stamped on spring. If there is a problem please advise. D104923 (Discussion)

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for getting back to us. I'm afraid your pivot shoe is no longer available. We believe you can switch over to using our S140-7 balance system. You will need to replace the pivot bar with either our 26-398 or 26-405.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Paul, thank you for your expertise and patience. I will order the parts that you suggested. I will also order them for the other window just in case .

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Jackie
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.