replacement patio door handle set

A handy person from MI says:
Hi, I just bought a house and the sliding door handle needs to be completely replaced and updated. Preferably with a brushed nickel finish to match the rest of the house. Also looking for a matching security lock for the back top or bottom aspect of the door given I leave town a season at a time. I uninstalled the unit and took to a hardware store with no luck.

The unit appears to be a Guardian slider about 19-20 years old. Here are the picts and dimensions looks like holes on center are 4 inches. Thanks for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can definitely help you with this hardware. It looks like you need a new handle set, mortise lock, and keeper. For these I recommend our 82-035, 82-229, and 89-021D respectively. I think these parts look very similar to your photos but it would be a good idea to review them just in case.

You also mentioned security. You could install the 82-315 on the outer handle that comes in the 82-035 set. The video below shows you exactly how this can be done. We also sell the 80-006 security bar, which can give you a little extra something.

Hi, was looking for an updated look without wood and in a brushed metal or brushed nickel look. Do you have anything that would work?
Profile picture of Tom

Oh sure, I'm sorry for missing that part. We have the 82-087, however it's important to note that the thumb lever is fixed in an offset position and cannot be adjusted. If your thumb lever was centered while installed, then the 82-087 will not work.

However if your thumb lever happened to also be offset then this handle set would work very well for your door.

so would I just buy this and keep all the other internals? if it looks like it might work. Or can I replace all the internals to match this handle. I like how this one looks
Profile picture of Tom

The 82-086 is fully compatible with the 82-229 mortise lock, which I am confident is what you have now. As long as your old mortise is whole and undamaged then you can absolutely reuse it. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.