replacement rollers late 1970's aluminum sliding door.

A home owner from Yarmouth Port, MA says:
Hi, we purchased the home in 2022 and the slider is going from the dining room into a sunroom that used to be part of the deck. So my guess is the door was an external door from 1978 until 2001 when the room was converted. I took the rollers out and cleaned them up so they work better but should probably be replaced. Please help me to identify what I need as there are no markings on the doors or rollers from what I can tell. Thanks....Mick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller 3.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I believe you could use the 81-005 as a replacement for your roller assembly but review the dimensions below to confirm. Thanks for posting. 

Alternate image for 81-005
Alternate image for 81-005

A home owner from Yarmouth Port, MA says:
Thank you and the rollers worked out great.

I also purchased a 6' 1/4" small track cover. I didn't use silicone as it wasn't mentioned in your installation video. It works fine but is loose so if someone steps on it it rattles. Any recommendations? Hate to take it apart for the third time.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm happy to hear that the 81-005 roller worked for your repair. The 80-102 track cover is designed to install on 1/4" by 1/4" track rails as shown below. If your rail is smaller or quite damaged, that could cause the movement you described. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to make the cover more stable but if the problem gets worse, you could use the 80-106 replacement track. 

Dimensions of 80-102 Track Cover
Dimensions of 80-102 Track Cover

How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.