replacement sash balancer

A landlord from Tuckerton, NJ says:

the balancer I need is stamped BSI 23B. The length is 23 inches. the depth is 1/2 Inch and width is 1/2 inch I included 3 pictures. One showing the stamped letters and numbers. One of the block and tackle and part that string terminates in that attaches to the channel slide thing which the window sash inserts into. And a picture of the sash balancer overall.

Hopefully you can find a replacement.

Thank you

Sincerely,

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-1/19/2021, 8:12:34 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-1/19/2021, 8:13:48 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-1/19/2021, 8:15:08 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, John. We can supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. Before we go any further, can you just tell me how many you need? Can you also confirm that your balance installs at the top with a screw?

Once I have that information confirmed, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote for that quantity.

I need one. I have the old one but the spring broke and the part that the string terminates in and attaches to the slide is missing. And the screw is at the top.

I could fix it with a spring from another type of balancer but it's the small part that attaches to the slide, like I said above, is missing and isn't something easily found.

John
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Because this has to be custom made, we can only supply 2 at minimum. I hope that's okay. We always recommend replacing both balances in one window at the same time, anyway; if you mix and match old and new balances, the new one will wear out faster since it has to pick up the slack for its older and weaker neighbor.

I will email you a purchase link and price quote now for two balances. Note that these don't come with pivot shoes. 

For future reference, I also highly recommend never attempting to swap out springs between two balances. Those things are steel and under constant pressure, usually 20-30 pounds worth. You could lose an eye, I've seen it happen. It's not worth even trying. Always get a new balance to replace a broken part instead of trying to repair it.

Ok. I will buy two. did you send me the link to place the order?

John
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, I sent that on the 22nd. If you still haven't gotten it then I recommend checking your spam folder. It may have been flagged by mistake.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.