replacement slash balances

A quick learner from Naples Fl says:
The window are in north east Florida. Do I need Double hung or not with AC most of the time . I know 1 balance is 25 X 5/8" ,the window slash are the same size. would the spiral window balances be the same size? also do I need to remove the top slash to put in new balances? they would be much harder to get out . The price of 2 or 4 balances dose not matter , also I think the S500 with the 17-012 bracket will work. Thank You mike
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The balance may not necessarily be the same size as the sash, no. If you measured the tube of the old balance as 25", then that's what you should stick with. If you can remove the top sash to install the balances, then you should try that before anything else.

Assuming these are non-tilt windows, I agree that our Series 500 balances are a good choice. The 17-012 bracket is also a common pairing.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.