ACORN DorWAL L-120 sliding door handle

A home owner from Chicago says:
I have a sliding door handle that broke. it is an ACORN DorWAL L-120. do you have a replacement part available?

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

You are possibly looking for the 82-055 replacement patio door handle set. Take a look at the 82-055 product picture and compare it to your handle to see if it will fit. If you need help, submit some pictures of your existing door handle for us to review. See 82-055K if you need the keyed version of this handle set.
A home owner from Nashua, NH 03062 says:
My patio door is about 27 years old. It has an ACORN DorWAL
handle set. The inside piece of the handle holder has broken
in half at one of the screw holes. The number on the inside
piece is L-120. Do you know of anyplace I can order this piece
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread regarding the Acorn DorWal L-120. As stated above, we believe that it may be our 82-055 or its keyed equivalent, the 82-055K. Please compare it to your existing handle set and confirm. If you aren't sure, please submit a few pictures of your existing handle set and let us know what you think.
A home owner from Roswell, GA says:
I have the same problem as the two homeowners above, were the handle of my "very-old" double sliding door broke. I've seen your 82-055, but the one I need is the one on the left hand-side sliding door, which does not have the lock mechanism. The broken handle has the brand and part number, but based on your pictures it has the locking mechanism, which I don't need.
What part do I need to get? I've attached four pictures for your review. Be aware I have a double sliding door, one door opens to the right (the one with the lock integrated) and one open to the left (the one without the lock that broke).
Thanks for your assistance.
User submitted photos of broken sliding door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Our 82-055 is actually reversible; it can be used either on the left or right hand side. This handle set appears to be the best match for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by the locking mechanism. Do you mean the thumb latch? It looks like yours might have had it, but it broke off.
A quick learner from Winter Haven, FL says:
What the man in Roswel, GA., meant is that only one side of the door requires the locking mechanism and the other has a plug where the lock would be.
A quick learner from Winter Haven, FL says:
So the problem is that replacing both handles with the 82-055 on a slider where the two doors meet in the middle and do not pass each other means you get two locks that abut each other when the door is closed. We are having to remove the lock from one and use the plug from the old one. The plug from the old one is larger than the hole on the new one and we are having to enlarge with a large drill bit. It's do-able but inconvenient for people with normal honey-do tools. Hope that clarifies it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. So it's a dummy handle. Thank you for explaining a good solution! Hopefully this helps other customers in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at