replacement spiral balances

A quick learner from Queens, NY says:
The church building I help maintain needs new spiral balances for the windows. There are no names or markings on the tube. The tube is 39 15/16" long and 5/8" in diameter. One of the photos shows the broken support bracket. The wooden sash is 38.5" wide and 39.75" tall. I don't know how much it weighs. If suitable balances are available we have 5 windows to repair. Thank you for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180627_151648.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180627_151720.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This type of balance is no longer made, but we do have a solution. We recommend using our S500-40 black tip spiral balance and 17-012 brackets. These brackets hook on the balance spiral and screw to the bottom of the sash. You may want to weigh your sash to confirm that the black tip option is appropriate.

A quick learner from Queens, NY says:
The sash weighs 28.4 lbs. I see the black tip option on the S500-40 balance is appropriate for 31 - 40 lbs. Do you still recommend the black tip? Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, in that case, no. Red Tip would be better. Sorry for the confusion!

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.