replacement spiral balances

A quick learner says:
looking for assistance on replacing spirals balances, currently speaking with customer service about it. The rod is 30 inches long and 0.41 in in diameter as measured with a calipers. The number on the rod is 30 11. Please let me know if any additional parts are needed. I also stripped my pivot shoe removing the balance from window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230419_140619616.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230419_142907558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230419_132425236 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230419_132307582 (2).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The assembly shown in your photos resembles the S900-30 but these types of spiral balances do not normally have a stamp code on the tube. I would like to see photos of the stamp to determine if the S900 would work as a replacement. 

As for your pivot shoe, we would need to see a photo of yours fully removed from the window, as well as confirm the exact width and thickness, to compare to our inventory. Thank you! 

A quick learner from Sebastian, Florida says:
Casey, I have added a few photos as requested. You can see that the number on the balancer is 30 11. The pivot shoe is more of a challenge. I was not able to get the pivot shoe out of the track. I did add a couple of photos and some measurements. From the bottom center to the top center of the shoe is 1.758". The track (narrow outside part) center to center is 0.686" I hope this is enough to get you going. Could I use the existing pivot shoes as I do not see how I can get them out and the new ones in the track? Thanks Frank
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230420_184154824.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230420_183259032.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230420_181936581.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We believe that the S900-30 spiral balances will work for your application but you will need to weigh your window sash and follow the chart under the product description to confirm the correct color option for your replacements. 

As for the pivot shoe, we can be sure what you need with the part still installed but what a can see reminds me of the 15-134. See the specifications below and the video showing the cutout method to replace these parts. With that being said, you can reuse the original pivot shoes if they are still in good condition. 

Alternate image for 15-134
Alternate image for 15-134

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.