Replacement Window Locks

A home owner from Highland, CA says:

In 1999, I build a home and purchased 22 windows from Phillips. From what I've read online, Phillips went out of business in 2009. Many of the window locks have broken over the years and I wish to replace them. Can you recommend the window lock that will replace this. It appears to me that the 90-005 is the one that should work. The space between the holes is 2 1/4". Attached are three pics of the window lock. lock says Phillips Products

Thanks

User submitted photo of their Phillips window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

I only received one picture but from what I see in that picture it does look like you need the 90-005 replacement window lock. The tongue looks good and the distance between the installation holes you reported are right on. What are your concerns?
A quick learner from Highland, CA says:
Thank you for the quick response. My only concern before I purchase a bunch of these is that they will fit my windows. I'll try to attach the other two photos as well. After you get the other pics, please let me know if you still feel the 90-005 is the right one for me. I will plan to order them today.
Thanks
User submitted photos of their Phillips window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Your Phillips lock looks exactly like the 90-005. Even the underside of the lock looks exactly the same. I do not think you should have any worries that the 90-005 would not fit.
A quick learner from Highland, CA says:

Today I opened up my shipment that you sent to me on August 3rd and started to install the Swisco replacement window locks. Unfortunately, the arm is 1/4" short and it doesn't hook on the window. Can you check to see if you have a similar window lock with an arm that is 1/4" to 3/8" longer. I've attached a photo showing the ones I bought from you next to one of my current window locks. Obviously, the 10 I purchased are of no use to me. I'd like to get correct ones. Thanks!

User submitted photo of their Phillips window lock compared to the 90-005 replacement lock.
Profile picture of Tom
We have come across this situation before (see similar discussion). Unfortunately there is not a replacement lock of this style with a longer tongue. Your only option would be to drill new installation holes to move the lock closer to the keeper (be very careful not to drill through the window sash frame into the glass).

I am sorry I sounded so certain that the 90-005 was the lock you needed (I did not see the extra long tongue in your picture). I will cover the cost of returning these locks if you do not want to use them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.