replacement window sash

A home owner from Florida says:
This particular window sash came from a larger window. I actually tossed out the window sash that I need the window measures 45.5 in. x 31 in. i am not sure what size and weight I need.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The part you're looking for is known as a balance, not a sash. The sash is the glass panel that the balance physically supports. This is an important distinction because I'll need you to get me some information regarding your sash before I can confirm a match.

First, to determine the length of the balance you need, I would like for you to measure the visible glass on your sash. Give me the width x height. I would also like you to remove your sash from the window and place it on a scale, then give me the weight you get. That will allow me to make the best recommendation.
Sorry about giving you so much SASH TALK. However the window weighs 25lbs the exposed glass in the sash measures 43 7/8 wide measured from the glazing x 28 high measuring from glazing
also in need of glazing strips
User submitted a photo of snap-in glazing.
A landlord from Orange City, Fl 32763 says:
I need instructions on how to take out the bottom sash to replace the channel balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I would recommend a 29" long balance with a 2840 option. As for the glazing, see our 55-194 and see how well the dimensions match up. Finally, see the video below for how to replace a channel balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.