replacing Jordan window screen clips

A home owner from Eureka Mo says:
I believe I have Jordan double hung windows in my house, and all of the screen clips are breaking. I have attached 3 pictures of what I am looking for.
Thanks
Frank B.
User submitted photos of their Jordan window screen clips.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

I have seen this window clip before. There is not an exact replacement but over the years we have replaced quite a few of these using our 70-014 turn clip fastened with a 33-005 rivet.
A quick learner says:
Thank you for your reply. I have not used a rivet gun before, and while it looks simple, I do have a few more questions. I have attached another picture which is the hole that is currently in the frame of the screen. How will the rivet and turn latch be attached to the screen?
User submitted photo of screen frame with pin hole
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to take the time to create a video tutorial to show you how to install the 70-014 turn clip onto your window screen insert. Please let me know if you have any questions after watching the video.
A quick learner from Eureka Mo says:
I looked up the rivot gun and it shows the lowest size is 1/8. Will the #44 rivot work with an Arrow gun that shows 1/8 size (I see the #44 rivot as 1/16)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When drilling for the pop rivet use a 1/8" drill bit.
A quick learner from Eureka Mo says:
I just got home with my Arrow RH200 and install the clips as directed. With the video and your instructions, this could not have been easier.

Excellent Job!

Happy Customer

Frank
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Congrats on your success, Frank.
How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.