replacing a 10 inch Pella 39-395 RH Hinge arm Assembly

A home owner from Vermont says:
My Pella window 10 inch 39-395 RH assembly broke and I would like to order the part to fix it. How difficult is it to replace this part? Thanks,

Scott
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Scott.

Before I give you my explanation, I recommend watching the video below to get a better idea of what I mean.

I've never personally installed these hinges but it looks like they work the same as the one in this video. For starters, you will need to remove the sash from the main frame of the window. After that, you will need to remove the pivot arm screw which mounts the long pivot arm to the window sill. Next, you will need to remove the sash by sliding the nylon guides on the hinge arm out of the main frame of the window. With the window sash removed, unscrew the old hinge off the sash and screw on the new hinges. 

Make sure to take note which hinge is at the top and which is attached to the bottom. It might be helpful to take some photos of how the hinges are attached before removing them so you get it installed correctly. You will also need help with doing this job. Someone will need to hold the sash while you are trying to remove it from the mainframe.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.