replacing storm windows broken plastic clips

A quick learner from the Chicago area says:

I have storm windows (Macon brand) and screens that slide up and down by pulling inward on plastic devices which appear to be spring loaded. The plastic devices lock into slots on the window frame to prevent the window from dropping down. When you pull inward on the device, the plastic devices pull away from the slots on the window frame, allowing the window to be moved up or down.

The plastic devices slide horizontally on a track in the window that is 1/2" wide. The plastic device is 3 7/8" long. At the end of the plastic device, the "notch" is 1/4" wide and is formed to a 45
User submitted a photo of a storm window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Look at our 91-054 latches and see if these could work for you.
A home owner from St. Louis, mo says:
i think that part 91-054 will work for me. Question: how do you remove the old part to make sure?

Is there a video demonstrating the procedure?

Thank you, Charles
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check out the video below. This features a different kind of latch, but the principle is the same. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)