replacing channel balances

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
Attached are photos of window balances that need replacing (circa 1983). Have included photos of the stampings (14A, 20C, and 24B)on the metal channels. Also need some 24C channels and a 26C channel.
Does the A, B and C refer to the weights in the channels? All of the balance shoes are identical and the balance tops are identical. Do you have shoes and tops that could replace those in the photos?
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 351 or our Series 390 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 351 uses the 15-002 while the Series 390 uses the 15-001. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of <a href='Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)