replacing channel balances and pivot bars on my double hung windows

A quick learner from PATASKALA,OHIO 43062 says:

the stamped numbers and letters are 11TGX B.S.I. AK...JPG.295 IS A PICTURE OF WHAT THE PIVOT BAR SLIDES INTO BUT I CAN NOT REMOVE IT ,IT JUST SLIDES UP AND DOWN IN A CHANNEL. I AM ALSO GOING TO NEED NEW PIVOT BARS .THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE. CHARLES

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 300.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 299.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 293.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 295.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Charles,

You balance looks like our S770 channel balance. The stamp number you've provided indicates that your balances are probably 11" long. If that's the case, they'll need to be custom made since the smallest balances that we carry as stock items are 12". We'll just need you to confirm the length of your metal channel and the number of balances you need. 

Your pivot shoe looks like our 15-167 but we'll need to see a picture of the pivot bar removed from the window as well to recommend a replacement for you. Thank you!

A quick learner from PATASKALA,OHIO 43062 says:

HI CASEY,

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY AND HELP.AFTER CHECKING ALL MY WINDOWS THE BALANCES SEEM TO BE WORKING OKAY ITS THE SHOES AND THE PIVOT BARS THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS.I ORDERED NEW PIVOT BARS THEY WERE STAMPED 8254 AND NEW PIVOT SHOES 15-167 NEW LEFT AND RIGHT TILT LATCHES 26-244 AND 26-243.IM GOING TO REPLACE THOSE ON 4 OF MY WINDOWS AND I HOPE THAT WILL RESOLVE MY PROBLEMS. IF I NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE I KNOW SWISCO HAS EVERYTHING I WILL NEED. THANK YOU CHARLES 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Charles,

I'm glad to hear you have everything figured out. It sounds like you'll be in good shape once your parts arrive but please let us know if you need anything else!

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.