replacing new weatherstripping

A quick learner from Joplin, MO says:
I have a house with wood casement windows. The house was built in 1987. The marking on the screw out assembly says "Truth". I am assuming these are the brand of windows? You can see by the pictures what kind of weather stripping I need. The width of the actual window is 1 1/2 inches wide and the weather strip is 1/2 inch wide. I don't know if you can tell, but the window has a groove that the weather strip fits into. I hope you can find a replacement for me. Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify your weatherstripping based on these images. I would need to see a small sample removed. Seeing the shape is essential. Check out the video below to see what I mean.
A quick learner from Joplin Mo says:
Please note the picture of the sash. It has 2 grooves that are about 1/4 inch deep. This is where the existing weatherstrip goes into. It seems like by looking at your products that 55-169 might be a good fix. Do you agree? The overall width of the weather strip is 1/2 inch. What is the actual width of 55-169 after it is inserted into the window?
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! These pictures are perfect. How about our 55-106 or 55-106-6? Carefully compare the specs we show to your own hardware and let me know how they compare.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)