replacing window lock and side sash thingy that keeps the window in place

A quick learner from Maryland says:
I need to replace a number of window locks - both the parts - the locking and the lock part. The say DACO on the side. IF possible, I would like to upgrade these parts because with 20+ of them faiing the replacements will likely fail at some point too, but I don't know if that is possible.

I also need to replace several of the locking mechanisms that are on top of the sash that hold the window in place (when you release these mechanism the window can swing inside for cleaning.

Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window hardware 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window hardware 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Our 90-077A looks like a good match for your old lock, but this typically pairs with the 90-177 keeper, which has a 2-1/16" hole spacing. Could you still get this to work?

For your tilt latches, see our 26-228 and 26-229.

I ordered the locks you recommended and they fit well.

However, I am afraid those keepers you suggested do not fit the holes. Do you have any that fit the lock and holes in the picture?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid not. As mentioned, the only keeper we have that can work with this lock has holes that measure 2-1/16" on center. We do not have one at 2-1/4" that can work with this lock. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Is there any different lock I could order that would work work with a right sized keeper? It does not need to be perfect (windows are 30 feet above ground so it is just to keep them closed from wind).
Profile picture of Tom

There isn't, unfortunately. Please understand that it's peculiar for a lock with 2-1/16" holes to work with a keeper with 2-1/4" holes. They're usually the same. 

We do have a few keepers at 2-1/4", but none of them can work with the type of lock you have now, and the types of locks they do work with won't fit on your window. You'd then have the opposite problem: the locks would have the wrong spacing at 2-1/4" instead of 2-1/16".

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.