replacing with new balances

A home owner from Orange Park Floida says:
I need to order several new complete channel balances for my kinco windows. The Part numbers I can find on the back of them are below:

29-6 HA2 CMC 2

29-4 FA2 CMC 12

I have also included photographs of them as suggested by previous strings. Can you help me?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A home owner from Orange Park Florida says:
I believe it is the 1 inch type or the 15-005. I would rather purchase the entire aparatus than to have to try to replace individual parts and have to assemble it. Is that possible?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion. You don't have to replace the individual pieces at all. I only wanted you to identify your bottom shoe so you know what Series you need. If you think you have the 15-005, then I recommend the Series 380 as outlined above.
A home owner from Orange Park Florida says:
One last question, I hope

The balance sits in a slot on the sides of the window. Some of those slots are blocked at the upper end with a white plastic piece affixed to it. Some of the windows I am repairing are either missing that piece or it is broken - causing the balance to slide up without the it doesn't function. What is that plastic "stopper" called? Once I replace it, how do I affix it to the metal window? Is there a special adhesive?
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you're describing a top sash guide. You can browse through that section to find the appropriate replacement. They usually screw onto the sash. If yours does not, then it might be something strange. I would recommend sending us a few pictures of one.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)