retainer strips

A home owner from Hanover, PA says:
Larson door purchased in 1992; plastic retainer strips that hold in glass/screen door; 66 inches long, 1/2 inch wide
User submitted photos of door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm afraid we have been unable to find a replacement for this strip so far. Can see a picture of it from an end-view? That way we can see its shape. Please watch the video below to see what I mean.
I have researched too and found nothing available. Can you tell me about the screen clip 70 079? It looks like it might fit in the "groove" that the retainer strip now occupies. What is the measurement between the clip ledge and the portion that holds the screw?
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The groove (or gap) in the 70-079 appears to be 1/8". That is a possible solution. You may also want to consider our 70-108, which also has a 1/8" gap.
Thank you for your help. I have placed an order for the screen clips/screws. If they work, it will be a much easier solution to the old retainer strips when it comes to switching screen for glass.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.