rivots or pins for 1960 steel casement windows

A home owner from Tucson, AZ says:

Looking for pins or rivets for old style casement windows hinges

i only need 4 pins or rivets

I ground the tops off so I could remove windows to replace glass thinking it would be easy to replace the hinge hardware. But not so easy. The rivets must be installed at the factory when making the windows .

The top part of the pin hinge has a half circle recess and then has a brass sleeve that fits into the bottom part of the hinge and then is cold rolled on the bottom.

I will send photos,

Thanks,

Tom

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Tom. I believe you should have replaced the glass in place without removing the hinge pins. That might have made things easier. That being said you might be able to use a type of bolt along with whats called a "nyloc nut". A hardware store should be able to supply you the nut and bolt size you need. 

Also take a look at our 33-067 and 33-070 shoulder screws and 33-206 and 33-207 nylon washers to see if these would be the right size to work on your hinges. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.