roller for Milgard sliding patio door, installed in 2002 0r 2003

A home owner from Portland, ORegon says:
I need a replacement for this roller
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0459.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Based on your photos, I recommend our 81-149 tandem roller. This doesn't have that same clip on the top as yours, so you'll have to reuse it.

There is no way to remove or replace the "clip," as you call it, without destroying the roller. Is the clip essential, since the roller screws into the bottom of the door anyway?

Also, my roller has 1 1/2 inch wheels, not 1 1/4 as the 81-149 roller seems to have.
Profile picture of Tom

That's odd. In my experience, that clip can slide out from either side to remove. You could try installing the new roller without it, but I'm not sure if you'll run into any complications. I've always reused them whenever I encounter them.

As for the wheel diameter, I would recommend our 81-182, which is the same part but with 1-1/2" wheels. Please note, however, that it does not come in stainless steel.

You're absolutely right, it does come off, with a little ingenuity. But I don't understand that the roller doesn't come in stainless steel? The description says stainless steel. If not that, what is it made of?
Profile picture of Tom

The 81-182 roller assembly is stainless steel, even the rollers. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.