rolling guide and corner bracket for bi-fold doors

A quick learner from San Diego says:

I think one of the rollers disintegrated, but I cannot find any remnants of it. Picture shows a good one from one door section that still works. Another picture shows the one with the missing roller. Can rollers be replaced without replacing whole assembly?

John Sterling, Folding closet mirror door, 2-section, bifold on each. Missing rolling guide on one side

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5435.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5433.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, John! Thanks for posting. You can't replace the wheel by itself, but you can get away with just replacing the roller guide. Start by looking at our 23-120 and see if our dimensions match up to your original part, especially the size of the pin that goes into the door and block. If they differ in any way, let me know exactly how and we can try to find a better match.

Thanks. I just go the 23-120 in the mail today. Do you happen to know the proper installation procedure? I intend to just try to yank the old one out by the stem with a a pair of pliers. Hopefully it is not glued into place in that plastic receiver module inside the mirror frame.
I probably should have waited for a reply, but went ahead and pulled the old roller guide using a thin sheet of rubber and a screw driver. I ended up with a loose spring (the roller shaft is spring-loaded of course), but it came off. I then used a rubber mallet and the piece of thin rubber to try and pound the new roller guide into place. Was within 1/2" of completion when some plastic broke and another spring bounced into view. It was from the new roller guide. Unfortunately, for now I cannot get the new guide out of the receiver hole that I've driven it into.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5468.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. These are made to be tight so that they won't fall out. Your method of using a piece of rubber and mallet is usually what we suggest, actually, so I'm not sure what the problem may have been. It sounds like some of the old guide was still in there and may have gotten in the way of the installation of the new part. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.