sash cord for Andersen window

A quick learner from oceanside says:
I have an Andersen window and one of the sash cords failed. I want to replace all the cords but I notice I need a number from the original sash cord part in order to order the parts from you. This means I have to take apart the window BEFORE I order the part. Is there some other way I could get the part number? The window is about 30 years old, it is a double hung and it measures about 48 1/2" high by 40 1/2" wide

Thank you
Samuel
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Samuel. I'm afraid that the most reliable way to identify what Andersen balances you need is to go by the stamps printed on the balance box--which means removing the boxes is necessary. I know it's a bit of a process, but that's how Andersen designed them. That said, we could try to figure it out another way, if you wish. Please give me the Height" x Width" of the visible glass for the sash these balances are supporting. We will try our best to identify what you have from there. However, I should stress this method is not often reliable and we cannot guarantee that our suggestion is exactly what you have now. If you instead decide to remove the Andersen balance to photograph the stamps for us to review, see the video below. 

A home owner from Oceanside says:
Hi Tom, the visible glass (both upper and lower) are 36 1/2 by 21 7/8. I'm pretty sure it's an Andersen Perma Shield Narrowline window model # 3442.

Based on that, can you determine which balance boxes I should order?

Rgds,
Sam
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! If the insulated glass thickness is 3/8" overall, we recommend the 24-939. However if the glass is 5/8", we recommend the 24-1033 instead. However, please keep in mind these are just suggestions. We cannot be 100% sure that they will work for you without knowing the stamp on the old balances. Let us know if you have further questions. 

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.