sash dyad crank 39-188 related question

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
Hi,

I have a harvey window & need a replacement for the window crank casement.

The closest I could find was 39-187 & 39-188 but based on the measurements there seems to be a mismatch in the length (5" vs. < 4.5" on the present one that I have - please see picture - on the tape 20"-24.5")

Could you please suggest if there is something closer to the one that I have? Or would the 5" model work just fine? Thanks.

Ven
User submitted photo of their window sash crank.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Ven.

I'm not quite sure why your operator arm is 4 1/2".I have seen longer arm lengths, but not shorter. Is it the only window in the house with these operators? I'm thinking it could have been a special size and the manufacturer cut the arm to make it fit.

I am not sure if the 5" will work on your window.
A quick learner says:
Thanks. I have looked around and am unable to find an exact replacement.

I want to check if the 5" would work on my window.

If it doesn't work, I was wondering about your return policy. Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can take a look at our return and exchange policy here.
A quick learner says:
Had to move the screws slightly at the base of the window. Works great.

PS: Thanks for the prompt shipping and the suggested accessories that automatically comes up when I ordered the part.
A handy person from Connecticut says:
Thanks for this thread! I too have a Harvey casement window and this may be an aplicable solution for me too.
Question to "move the screws slightly" - 1/4" is my estimate made with a ruler - that about right?
PS: Great website!
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.