sash lock for Rivco

A quick learner from bolton, ma says:
Looking for bronze colored sash lock for Rivco window made about 1993. The inside portion, raised center section is curved, not squared off. Shape of inside portion where it contacts the wood sash is also curved with straight end sides.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for coming to us with your question. Before we can help you, we need some more information on which to base our decisions. Can you send pictures of the part in question? We would like to see it. We also would like to know the distance between the centers of the screwholes, the distance from the screw holes to the back of the window sash, the height of the lock, and the length of the sweep that engages with the keeper.

You may also want to take a look at our selection of sweep locks and keepers so that you can see what looks similar to the part you need.
A home owner from 01740 says:
The attached photo shows most of the dimensions you requested in your email. From a review of your images, I would say that the Rivco lock is very similar to 90-161. The only difference that I can see is the image keeper is 1/4" and the Rivco keeper is 3/8th. Since my keeper(s) are not damaged, if I can find the front mechanism that matches, and will work with the 3/8th keeper, then should be OK. The basic problem is the raised casting that should hold the spring back is worn, and the spring does not stay in place. Everything else is OK. Might possibly build up the casting with polyurethane --but that would not help the Swisco business if it works! TEd
User submitted photos of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! We do not currently carry a replacement for this lock, but we are working on something that we think may work. Please give us a little time as we have it made for you and I'll let you know when it's available.
A quick learner from 01740 says:
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the response. Please do not have something made for me. OK to define what would be involved to make and quote me. If OK, then I will green light it. Is 3D printing technology evolved to the point where it can make a part with two working parts? No rush, upon removing the spring, the sash lock works. Now have 2 locks that are working this way. The post that holds the spring is the weak point. Thanks, TEd
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Ted. It's actually no trouble at all, we already have it available! See our 90-318. This is compatible with the 90-279 keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.