sash locks, replacement casement, storm windows.

A home owner from Westerville ohio 43081 says:
My windows are 1966 vintage. And the part that attaches to the outside sash is on an angle. Do you folks carry these sash locks.

Also I had some failures with with the double pane casements (or crank outs). Is it possible to still buy replacements for these older windows.

Plus these windows also came with storm windows that either mount on the outside in the case of the double hung widows or in the inside in the cases of the awning or casement models. Can I still purchase these storms.

Finally, I watched your video on replacing the sash balance mechanism. How can I identify my window so that I may order these as well>
I just noticed that my double hung windows only have sash balance mechs on one side.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what hardware you have. Could I see a few pictures of the hardware you'd like to replace? That will help us match them up for you.

Regarding the failed insulated glass, you don't need to replace the window sashes. You should be able to just replace the glass. I recommending going to your nearest glass shop. They should be able to replace the glass for you.
Here are the images that might be helpful. You'll notice that the piece which screws to the outside sash is at an angle.
User submitted photos of window locks.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, thank you. This looks a lot like our 90-027. Check it out and see if you agree.
Tom,

I can't tell for sure if the keeper is at an angle. If it is not then the parts will not work. Is there anyway you could check to verify.

Ken
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your continued patience. We are having a hard time finding this lock and keeper. Can you confirm the brand of the window? I'm wondering if it's Andersen. Can you also confirm the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center? Thanks!
Wow! Good point! I just assumed they were cause my patio door is Andersen. How do I verify if Andersen is the manufacturer?

Oh, and I hit the "unsubscribe" link by mistake, Can you put me back in?

And thanks for hanging with me on these issues.

Ken
Profile picture of Tom
It's possible the windows are Andersen, yes. See if there are any stickers on the glass or inside the jamb that may give a clue.

Can you also tell me the distance between the hole centers?
Profile picture of Tom
Our 90-295 is now online and available for purchase! We believe this might be a possible replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.