sash sticks up

A handy person from Buffalo Grove, Il. says:
I was installing 2 S350-25 option 2420 . When I put window back in, the sash on right side is sticking out the top plastic part above the window. Not sure what to do. It looks like if I used a wide flat screw driver I could tap it off the the of the window where it is hanging up.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
What do you mean when you say sash? Are you sure you don't mean balance? The S350-25 is the balance, while the "sash" is the term used to describe the framed glass that slides up and down; it's what the balances are actually supporting.

If the balance is sticking up past the sash, then it sounds like your top sash guide is broken. This is a plastic clip found at the top corners of the sash. Please remove one from the window, undamaged if possible, and take a few pictures of it for us. From there, we can try to find a good match.

If the top sash guide is not the issue, please take a picture of where the balance is sticking up so that we can get to the bottom of things.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.