screen cleat

A home owner from North Carolina says:

These are on the window screens of a log cabin we are renovating. Any guess as to what they are called. There are 6-8 on each window screen and they turn to hold the screen in place. Most of the screens have to be rebuilt, and we need to replace many of these.

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210407_174134.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Kathy. This looks like a pretty basic screen clip. They're not really called anything special, typically just "clip" or maybe "turn clip." They serve a very simple function. 

We don't have this exact style, but you could conceivably use something like our 70-026 or even 70-210. I'm not 100% sure these will do the trick, but I can at least tell you that they perform the same function. 

That said, if there's a hardware store near your cabin, they may have this older clip of yours in stock. Think like a mom and pop shop, not a big box store. Those kind of shops sometimes have older parts like this in stock even if they haven't been made in years, especially if they were common for homes in the area. 

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Thanks so much for the information. I'm sure we'll be able to get them squared away.
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.