screen door

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a medium weight screen door rhR keeps blowing the screws from the door jam. I just had it fixed a week ago. Someone must have come today and didn't latch the door. It is very windy today and the arm couldn't Cloe fast enough. The metal broke apart and the door was beating against the house. Can I place a hydrolic closure on the top AND bottom? What can I use one a screen door that would prevent it from opening more than 90% to 95%?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have seen storm doors with two door closers, one at the top and bottom. I would suggest using two of the standard type like the 40-002. I believe using two of the heavier door closers could be an over kill. It also might be good to install the 40-036 chain at the top to keep it from opening too far. One more thought, with your prime door closed, it's hard sometimes for the storm door to close properly. With the two doors closed it creates an air pocket and that could be why your storm door is not closing. Two ideas, make sure your lock and keeper are adjusted properly leaving a little play. Another idea is to possibly lift up the door sweep at the bottom. That could help some of the air to escape to help the storm door to close.

How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.