screen door handle 4 inches by 2 1/4

A home owner from redwood city, california 94062 says:

hi i just replacement rollers for my Norco sliding screen door, see below for order details for rollers.

but also wanted to replace the handle of that same screen door. please see attached pictures. if available, would like to add the handle to my roller order

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1 screen door handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 screen door handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3 screen door handle.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your old screen door handle set appears to be a match for our 83-040. This isn't specifically designed to be used on Norco doors, but it's a generic part that has been known to work for tons of different brands. Look it over and see what you think!

Dimensions for 83-040
Dimensions for 83-040

A quick learner from West Bend Wi says:
Do I need to drill out the rivet and then replace it? Does it come with a new rivet?
A home owner from redwood city, california 94062 says:
thank you for your response. i did see this latch but my latch is 4 inches and the existing screws are a little less than 4 inches. this part, being on 3.25 high will not cover the existing holes in the frame. do you have a taller version of this screen door latch?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1 screen door handle.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the follow-up, I actually missed that detail in your first post. I've never personally seen a larger version of this screen door handle set, but give us a little more time to look into it and we'll see what we can dig up. I'll get a few more eyes looking at this, too. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I think that the 83-040 that Tom recommended is a newer version of your old screen door handle. I couldn't find this older version anymore, though. I'm not sure why the manufacturer changed its design so much but this does appear to be our best option.

Would it be possible to retrofit the 83-040 to work on your door? If you could drill new holes for it you can use a pop rivet to fill the exposed holes from the original setup. I would only recommend trying this if you're handy, though, since it may require some improvisation. 

A home owner from ridgway co. says:
did you ever find a taller virsion of this lock
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we did not. I don't believe the original handle is available anymore. While I can't guarantee that it will work, the 83-040 could be the best option available. I'm very sorry that we can't be of more help.

A handy person from truro mass says:
Just fyi, I found that part number 83-002B is a better fit for this door. I didn't bother with the locking mechanism. Just mounted it for opening and closing and it fits the screw holes of the old door handle on Norco screendoors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.