screen door rollers for vinyl screen door

A home owner from Honolulu says:

Hello,

Have you folks ever seen a roller like this? I tried to draw a picture, but it is pretty bad.

The rollers are plastic and fit into a recessed area on the screen door. There is a wedge adjuster with a screw that pushes the roller down the farther you tighten screw. I have 2 doors with 4 of these on each door. 3 are broken.

I would be interested in 8-10 units if you can help me.

Also need help identifying case window hardware for replacement.

Thanks,

Jim

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named screen_door_roller.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jim! I'm afraid that I've never seen a roller like this before, no. My colleague Dave might have, though. He's a lot more familiar with screen doors than I am. I'll send this to him and have him take a look at it just in case.

In the meantime, can you tell me if there's more to this roller or is the piece you're showing all there is? Would you also happen to know who made the door?

We should be able to help with the casement window hardware. I'm personally more versed in that hardware than I am for screen doors. Just to keep things clear, I recommend creating a new discussion for those. Let me know when you make it and what the ID is and I can look it up and answer ASAP.

HI Tom,

There is another piece. In the drawing it is represented by the "wedge" right above the wheel housing. It is used to adjust the height of the roller.

The sliding door and screens were made locally in Honolulu by Coastal Windows.

RE: casement window hardware. see ID D165168

Thanks,

Jim

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for waiting, Jim. Believe it or not, I think we actually were able to track this down. Please bear with us a little longer as we have stock made up to add to our inventory. I will let you know the moment it becomes available in our catalog for you to review.

Tom,

Thanks for your help. I am getting by using the top wheels from the other door. So each door only has 2 wheels instead of 4. Please let me know when you have these avaialble.

Thanks again,

Jim

Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Jim! Please see our new 84-155 patio screen door roller. We believe this will replace your original. You can review photos and dimensions on its store page.

perfect !!!

Thanks Tom !!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.