screen sliding door roller

A handy person from Knoxville, TN says:
I have an old screen sliding door that has a broken roller. Can you help me find a replacement roller. I can't afford to buy a new door so hope to find a new roller so that it can be used. It is hard plastic, 1.5" diameter, 1/4" wide. I have searched local hardware stores without success. Thanks for your help. I am attaching 2 pictures.
User submitted photo of their sliding screen door wheel.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Do you still have the housing this wheel fits into? If you do, please submit a picture of the housing. Do you know what brand sliding screen door you have?
A handy person from Knoxville, TN says:
Here are some more pictures. There is a name on the screen that says Citation 3. Thanks for your help.
User submitted photo of door roller casing.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting additional photos.

We carry the complete roller assembly for Peachtree. Take a look at the 84-018 Screen Door Roller.
A home owner from Aiken SC says:
I have the same door as the poster who sent the pictures with the Citation 3 label on the handle. It appears that 84-018 is the part in the door. There are four of these two top and two bottom, I cannot figure out how to get the old ones out... they appear riveted to the frame. HELP!!! I can take pictures if need be.
User submitted picture of sliding screen door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 84-018 is attached by rivets. You will have to drill them out if you wish to replace it, and then use our 33-005 rivet and 75-012 installation tool to install rivets into the new roller. You could also use a small sheet metal screw to fit into the hole.

Another possibility is to just replace the wheel. Unfortunately, we are unable to sell the wheel separately, but you might be able to pop one out of the 84-018 and put it in your existing housing without having to drill out the rivets.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.