silver line channel balance

A quick learner from New York says:
Hello, do you still make the model from the pictures I have? It's Silver Line Channel Balance 1930a. It's measured 20 inches.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I recognize this balance. You have a special type of asymmetrical balance, meaning that the balances on each side of the window are different. We can help, but they will need to be custom made.

Before we begin, I'd like to go over a few details first so that you know what I'm talking about. As I mentioned, these balances will be different on each side of the window. The main difference is the bottom attachmen tand the stamp. The balance on one side of the window will have both the 19-008 top attachment and 15-025 bottom attachment, while the balance on the other side will have a 19-008 top attachment and NO bottom attachment whatsoever. Both balances will also have a different stamp.

What I'd like from you is to tell me which balance has which stamp, and how many of each you need. Once I know that, I can send you a custom balance order link and price quote. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.
A quick learner from New York says:
The pictures I sent you are from the right side. I noticed the the black shoe has no wings or at least that I can see. Not like the replacement part 15-025 picture.

Also do you need the measurement of the width of the metal?

I want to remove the channel balance from the left side to get the pictures and the stamp number, but I don't even know how to remove the window panel, it has a hinge on the left side.

Can you explain to me step by step?

Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think I can help! No, I haven't worked on this window in over thirty years, and there are no videos around, so I will try to walk you through it.

First, raise the sash up to the 16-009 take out clip to disengage any balances that might still be in good condition. That take out clip will catch the balances and allow you to swing out the sash toward you. From there you should be able to see both balances. The video below may be of some help; that window works on a similar principle, though it's not exact. Once the balances are you, go back to Tom's post and see if you can answer his questions.
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.