silverline casement window HG04-2001

A quick learner from NJ says:
The window isn't closing securely. It looks like a part cracked off, but I'm not sure which part is supposed to be here.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4939.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4938.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The parts for this old Sliverline lock set up are not made anymore, unfortunately, and at this time we do not have a verified alternative for any of this hardware.

Regarding the tie bar guide you are looking to replace, you may be able to adapt one of our tie bar guides for use as a substitute. However, I cannot make any guarantees that it would work as a suitable replacement. Carefully review parts 39-417 and 39-448 to determine if either of them might be a fit for you.

Thanks so much for your response. I'll try buying the tie bars. Do you know how many I need to buy for the window?

You'll need to confirm that based on the existing hardware in the window. It appears from your photo that there are three but you'll need to double check the window to make sure.

which window keeper works with tie bar 39-417 or 39-448?

I believe you may be referring to the lock on the window. I'll need to see photos of your lock removed from the window to confirm which is the best replacement option for you. 

There are a few that are compatible with both of these tie bar guides. Let me know if you have any questions.

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.