simonton shoe

A quick learner from New Galilee Pa says:
I am attaching photo's of my simonton windows parts that have a problem. Can you guide me on the parts I will need for the shoe? Also my tracks have a cutout but it is far from easy to pop out the spring assembly that connect to the shoe.

Thank you!
Bill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 90F7FD41-1602-4154-B980-7DE55FCC732D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5E23BBA3-3B66-4106-9579-A0DD9A560ACC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51A10EC2-CA28-4678-8A63-6091BA1A74AC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1B623528-1130-46AC-AD9A-D08FA66E5A7A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2084AF12-6834-4B7B-9F23-2B0B37104DD0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This old Simonton pivot shoe isn't made anymore, but you can use the 15-192 as a substitute. Just make sure to hold onto your original for now; there are some instances where it's necessary to reuse the center metal cam from the original. Not always, but sometimes. Just don't throw out your shoe for now and you'll be fine.

Getting these shoes out of the cutout can be a hassle, but that's the best method. If you find it too difficult you can always make the cutout a little wider, but don't go too crazy. You don't want it to interfere with the function of the window.

A quick learner from New Galilee Pa says:
When will the parts be available again and do I need the spreaders for the install?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't have a definite ETA for the 15-192 due to the public health crisis. We are trying our best to get it back as soon as possible but everything is delayed with all that's going on. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you don't already have a cutout at the top of your track, you can make one yourself. I prefer doing this instead of getting jamb liners, since that's a big investment for just one project.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.