size difference for operator

A quick learner from New Windsor, NY says:
I have a casement window with 5" mounting holes, like on the 39-187.
However, the straight arm on my old one is 4.5", but your straight arm is 5" long. Do you have that part?
Do you have it in the color clay?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we don't sell a version of the 38-187 with that shorter arm. We've looked for it before with no luck. However, you may have one option. What I've done in the past is swap out the new link arm for the old 4-1/2" long link arm using our 62-014 rivet. Could that work for you?
A home owner from Nh says:
I'm curious will those. Rivets pop out or should they be drilled out
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The old rivets will have to be drilled out.
A quick learner from Nh says:
Hi thanks for getting back to so quickly, my last question is do the river snap back in or another method of attaching them back in place is required
Thanks again
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will need to hit the rivet with a hammer to set it in place. It is best to lay arm on a piece heavy steel or a heavy work bench or vise to act as a base.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.