Fixing the curved latch part on my Pella sliding screen door

A handy person from Texas says:
the curved latch is broken on 2 of our sliding screen doors. Is there a replacement part for this? We cannot find any markings of model number.
User submitted photos of patio screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This piece resembles our 83-115 Pella latch. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A home owner says:
I watched the video. The current latch is spring-loaded to hold it in the locked position. Will the springs be kept in position when I remove the current latch?
A home owner from Illinois says:
In this picture, do you see how the inside part of the door is a different setup then you have shown in the instructional replacement video? Do you know how to replace the latch on this setup? Please advise
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The spring is in a separate inside mechanism. As long as it isn't damaged, it should still work the same as before.

As for replacing the latch on your handle set, the procedure as the same as in our video. The only difference is that the screw on your inside handle is located under the circular Pella logo. You'll have to pop that off with a screwdriver.
A home owner from Short Hills New Jersey says:
trying to locate spring on pella screen door latch don't see anything on assembly
Profile picture of Tom

The spring is located inside a small metal box that's sealed in the door itself. That metal box is unfortunately not sold separately to my knowledge, nor are any of its interior components (like the spring). 

My recommendation is to contact a local Pella dealer and see if this is something they may be able to supply to you. However, note that Pella themselves will likely just try to sell you a new door.

A home owner from Long Island , NY says:
How do you remove the Pella Interior screen door handle XO. There are no screws visible.
Profile picture of Tom

As mentioned above, the screw is usually located under the round Pella logo. You need to pop that off with a screwdriver first. That will reveal the screw and allow you access.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.