sliding door rollers

A handy person from 55347 says:
Hello,

I love your company! You helped me with this already and we almost got it right.

You sent me the 81-030 and it is almost the right shape and size. If you look at the photo there is a notch on the top. There were two thin metal extensions that broke off of the notch. If you look at photo #4 you can see where it broke. I don't see one this this on the website.

I hope you have a suggestion or perhaps you have this roller but it isn't shown.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door 4.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I actually recognize that old roller. It's an old and discontinued model that isn't made anymore. Hasn't been for years, to my knowledge.

The roller you already bought, the 81-030, should still work with a little adjustment. This is is installed with a #8 pan head screw at the top of the housing. What you can do is install a screw like our 33-072 from the bottom up, right into the door. 

The issue you run into is that if you drill too far or if the screw is too long, you could accidentally hit the glass. I personally think the 33-072 will be fine but that is by no means a guarantee. The original hooks that broke off went into the bottom of the door and were at least 3/8". 

Another two rollers I was looking at were the 81-087 and 81-167. Same principles apply more or less. See if you could use one of these rollers for your door, too.

A handy person from 55347 says:
It worked and I didn't break the window with the screws. Thanks again!
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.