sliding glass door lock

A handy person from USA says:
Hi,
The latch on my sliding glass door broke and I need to replace it asap. I do not see my lock in any of your sample images. It has a patent on the lock 3390557.U.S., Below the patent it also has RD 1968 CAN inscribed. It is 7.25" top to bottom and 6.5" between the screws. It is .9" wide. The latch connects to a piece on the door that looks like a claw. I have uploaded an image. I would appreciate any help, thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Karen
User submitted a photo of a sliding glass door lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Karen. Have you seen our 82-002? This seems to be similar to your existing patio handle set. Let me know if you think you can use this as a replacement.
Hi Tom

I had seen that however the keeper is different. The standard model we bought in Home Depot had a keeper like the 82-002 also and it doesn't fit into the door. My keeper as seen in the photo I uploaded looks more like a claw.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Our 82-002 actually comes supplied with a keeper. You would have to uninstall your old one and install the one that will work for the new handle set.
Hi Tom

The one I bought in home depot came with a keeper too, the problem is the keeper is too wide to fit into my door. The keeper that comes with the 82-002 looks identical in fact I wouldn't be surprised if what I bought in the store is the 82-002. The lock part fit into the door, it's the keeper I'm having the problem with.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
If at all possible, could you remove your original keeper from the door and take a few pictures of it separately? That would help us find a replacement, and I can't quite make out what it is while it is still installed. If you can, please also supply its dimensions. Let me know!
A handy person from Sunrise, Florida says:
Hi Dave

I have attached three images of one of my other keepers so you can see it from every angle.

Thanks, Karen
User submitted photos of patio door keepers.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement keeper for you! I will post again in this thread as soon as we have more information. Thank you!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 89-031, sliding patio glass door keeper.
A handy person from Sunrise, Florida says:
Hi

This looks like it will fit the space, thanks so much. I just have one concern though - that it may not fit into the existing lock. Do you carry a lock that fits this keeper so I can buy them both just incase?

Thanks again - I really appreciate all of your help!

Sincerely
Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us, Karen. I'm actually not sure what lock specifically this keeper is meant for, or if it will work with your existing lock. We are currently looking into other options. I'll let you know should we come across anything!
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.