sliding glass door sticking

A home owner says:

Hi,

From what I can read printed on our door (there is printing on both sides causing blurring):

• Guardian Corsicana Tx
  • BS 6206-1981
  • 16CFR 1201 II
  • 16NSFR 9201-1984
  • SGCC 1245S 1/SU 3MM
  • CAN 2-12J-M79

Would a track cover work? Or would we need to replace the whole track piece? Which one should we purchase? Also, which wheels would we need?

Thank you,

Gayle

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Gayle. To start out, I should tell you that the information given here doesn't tell me anything about your door or the hardware it uses. That's in reference to the glass itself, not the door. Unfortunately, there isn't any sticker, code, stamp, or marking that will tell you what hardware your door uses. The only way we can do that is to see pictures of the hardware in question.

Which brings me to the next issue, which is that I don't know what the source of your problem is. You say that your door is sticking, but that could be caused by a lot of different things. Your best bet now would be to carefully compare the condition of your track and see if you can find any dents or dings that may be hanging up its operation.

If your track is dinged up, then that may very well be the problem. Using a track cover like our 80-102 would be a good solution. The video below will go into more detail.

A home owner from Concord NC says:
Thank you for your response. I have attached 3 photos. The door is now almost unable to open or close at all. I hope you can see the two dips in the track.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3666.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3667.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3668.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

I do see the dips, yes. It's up to you if you want to try out a track cover or replace the track entirely with something like our 80-106. Those dips look pretty deep. The track cover may be sufficient enough to cover them but there's always a chance that they're deeper than I can make out in this photo. 

Thank you. That is my concern. So, you recommend we try the 80-106? I will order that.
By the way, we want to replace the rollers. Is there anything special to look for in a roller? What would you recommend?
Profile picture of Tom

I don't know what roller you'll need without seeing it out of the door. That's the only way to identify a match.

We have a video that details the step by step process of removing a glass door roller like yours. If you needed help IDing it, then show us a picture of the top, side, and rear after you have it removed. Dimensions will also be a huge help.

Are there many possibilities for rollers? I would like to have what I need when the people come to do the work. If it is a matter of 2 or 3 options, could I buy them and return what we couldn't use? I would have to take the photo when they remove the door, I presume, and send it to you then?
Profile picture of Tom

There are dozens of different rollers. You can see our selection of single wheel rollers here and our selection of double wheels rollers here. At this point, you could have anything. I won't know until I see them.

How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.