sliding screen door roller replacement

A quick learner from US says:

As I look at this and understand it better - I may just need to replace the 11/2" wheel? You know better than me. If so, these are nylon wheels would a steel wheel be better? Thank you

swapping door hardware I believe the only piece I need is the nylon 1 1/2" roller with the ball bearings. The present roller doesn't have an axle per se but two rivets built on to the roller? An axel could work as long as it had an end that held in place on one side and was only as wide as the two holes in the bracket (if any of this makes sense to you).

BTW - if you find some I'll take at least 4 and as many as 8.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200423_090831.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200423_090853.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have an older roller that in no longer being made. If your housing is still in good condition, you should be able to use either our 81-236 nylon wheel or 81-272 roller and axel kit to replace the wheels. Whether you stick with a nylon wheel is a personal preference since they tend to be a bit quieter and don't rust but steel wheels tend to last longer in our experience. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.