snap in glazing bead

A home owner from Columbia MO says:
I have a 40 year old (ish) window green house with alumimun framing and very thin glazing. Much of the snap in glazing bead is intact but some has disintegrated in the sun. Photos are attached. Can you help identifying a replacement? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4985.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4986.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4987.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4988.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4990.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm not sure if we have an exact match for this but take a look at the similar glazing beads I've related for you on this page. Review the specifications and see how they compare with your old glazing bead.

If you're interested in trying out a sample, please let me know! You would just have to pay for shipping. 

Thanks! I think either the 55-008 black or the 55-202 bronze are potential matches. Would it be possible to get a sample of both? What is the shipping cost? I can wait if there is a less expensive slower shipping. Again - Thanks.
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly! I will email you an order link that you can use to place a sample order for the 55-202 and 55-008. Shipping will also depend on what option you select at checkout since we have a few different choices. 

Thanks! I placed the order.
Both your suggestions work, although I think 55-008 is just a little better. I will measuring up what I need and placing an order soon. Thank you for helping me find a solution that I never thought I could find for this very cold piece of hardware.
Profile picture of Emily

No problem. I'm glad I could help! Good luck with the repair and let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.