spiral balance

A home owner from AL says:

29" I have already ordered and received the wrong one so how do I return it and get the right one will send photos it looks like 1/4"  let me know what to do please Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0422.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0421.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0420.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0419.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see that you had ordered our S600-29 spiral balance. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work, but you didn't say exactly what the issue was. Can you explain why it didn't work?

Can you also tell me what that 1/4" measurement is? I'm not sure what it's in relation to. 

Assuming that the S600-29 was too big, you could opt for the S900-29, whose outer tube is only 3/8" in diameter (compared to the 9/16" Series 600). This is just an educated guess at what your issue may be, though. If I'm off base, please go into more detail and I can advise from there.

A home owner from AL says:
it is too big around it looks like it is 1/2 in. and mind is 1/4 in the length is 29in looks like everything is good except too big around
Profile picture of Tom

If I'm understanding your response correctly, you're saying that your old balance is 1/4" in diameter. Is that correct?

I've never actually seen a 1/4" diameter spiral balance before. That is very, very skinny. I don't think that's accurate. I recommend triple checking the diameter to be sure. The only two available sizes for tilt window spiral balances are 3/8" and 9/16". If 9/16" is too large then yours is likely 3/8", but you need to be sure.

A quick learner from AL says:
ok remeasure it 3/8 so what do I need to order I have sent the other back
Profile picture of Tom

Great! That makes a lot more sense. As mentioned above, if your balance is 3/8" in diameter then you want the Series 900 spiral balance.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.