3/8" spiral balance

A handy person from tampa fl says:
black tip 17 inch 3/8 inch dia
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you tell me if this is for a tilt window or non-tilt window? Can you also confirm the tip color? 3/8" diameter balances don't have black tips. Also confirm the diameter of the balance; make sure to measure the outer tube, not the inside spring.
A quick learner from tampa fl says:
dark tip (bulk, br?) 17 inch length, 3/8 inch dis. (outer tube)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Since you aren't sure what color the tip is, give me the weight of the sash instead. That will cut right to the chase and allow us to calculate exactly what strength spring you need. You also did not mention if the window is tilt or non-tilt. Can you confirm which?
A quick learner from tampa fl says:
non tilt
tried to weigh it but it must be too light to register on the scale, a digital scale,
so that won't work either.
put it on the scale, nothing, added a little weight, bare weight, and it registered
12lbs. so i'm not sure what it weighs.
anything else we could try?
Profile picture of Tom
That's strange. Are you weighing the balance or the sash? I need the weight of the sash, specifically. This is the glass panel that the balances actually support.
A handy person from kitchen (TAMPA, FL.) says:
the glass piece. it just won't weigh it. anything else we could try?
Profile picture of Tom
I see. It sounds like maybe an issue with the scale itself.

Either way, look at our S400-17 and let me know if this is a good match for your balance. It comes with the Red Tip by default which I think may be enough for your small kitchen sash. I just cannot guarantee that it will work.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.