spiral balance replacement

A handy person from Boca Raton , Florida says:

Hello. I have similar 17 inch 500 series balancer 5/8(9/16) tube but it pointed out 1 1/2" with the top cap removed and the top end of the spiral flush with the end of the tube,When assembled total length is 19 1/2"

I would need top mounting screws and the metal SCREW-ON FACE GUIDE. Not sure do you have the same like the one on the picture. It is bended metal guide.

I'm looking for 8-10 balancers.

Will need a tip too. I can't find a way to insert window sash in the frame with 2 balancers installed.Picture of the window is attached. I might be able to do it but have to bend the sprong way too much. The metal pin of 15-040 is on my way to insert the spring straight.

Sash is 9Lb, so red tip should work just fine.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190717_000601.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190717_220827.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190717_220936.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy summer. I'm not sure if we can replace everything you show here, but my colleague Paul can confirm. He has a lot of experience with these older windows. We'll get back to you as soon as we have more information, one way or the other.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Alright, we finally have everything we need to get started. Let's start from the beginning.

So, you have an old Georgia Palm Beach window. These aren't really made that much anymore and your hardware is, as I'm sure you've guessed, very hard to come by. Fortunately we can supply a match for your balance. It will have to be a special order, since it's not standard, but we feel confident it will work for you as a replacement due to its 1" extended spiral.

We also recommend our 15-040 shoe and 19-012 balance cap. You may also want a 75-005 charging tool to help attach the balance to the shoe. 

Unfortunately, we do not carry the metal curved part and screw.

I'm going to email you an order link and price quote right now for 8 balances. This will allow you to add them to your cart as if they were a normal part and continue shopping as normal. If you wanted to change that quantity, let me know right here in this thread and I would be happy to do so.

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.