spiral balance shoe and sash guide?

A quick learner from Loveland Colorado says:
Hello,

I need to replace the spiral balances in my windows. I need a 15" spiral balance but I am not sure about the shoe or sash guide. I attached 2 pictures. One is the spiral balance. The second picture is of the side of the sash which has a 5/8" channel along the side. It has 2 holes in the side of the sash that I assume were used to attach a shoe and guide but I'm not sure. . Any help would be appreciated.
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance.
A customer submitted photo of a window sash.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer any applicable replacements, can you first tell me what the diameter of your spiral balance tube is? Can you also confirm that the length of the tube is 15"? Make sure not to incorporate the tip in your measurements.

Also, do you have any shoes or sash guides we can see pictures of? Perhaps on similar windows whose hardware hasn't broken?
A quick learner from Loveland, Colorado says:
The spiral balance is 5/8" wide and 15" long. The shoes and sash guides were broken off and I don't have any similar windows to check. My other windows are sliders. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for posting! If at all possible, could you show me a closer picture of the tip of the spiral?
A quick learner from Loveland says:
Thank you. Here is a picture of the tip of the balance.
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance tip.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us! It looks like you had a shoe attached to the end of your spiral balance before, but it broke off. Do you have an undamaged balance we can look at? If we can see what that shoe might have been, I think we can finally identify this Series!
A home owner from Loveland says:
What parts do I need to order to replace this spiral balance? What is the white nylon shoe used for? How do I attach the spiral balance to the sash. I do not have another working window to compare parts. Spiral balance is 15" in length and 5/8" wide. Thanks.
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us! This helps clears things up a bit. Please take a look at our S30315 spiral balance and see if you think that matches with your own. Next, see our 18-002 Keller top sash guide, as well as our 17-018 & 17-019 Keller bottom sash clips. Let me know if you think these match your original hardware!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.