spiral window balance

A handy person says:
Please see attached pictures. The balances I need to replace measure 28 1/2", measuring the tube only. I do not know whether to order 28 or 29" replacements. They are 3/8 diameter with a red tip. Please advise. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
They used to make this kind of balance on the half inch, but have since stopped. I think you should be okay going with the 29" long balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)