spring balance with broken flat shoe

A quick learner from New Haven, CT says:

I have an old non-title window that the spring balance is broken. The problem I am having is the bottom of my balance has a flat shoe that is screwed to the bottom of the sash.

I cannot find any that have that part.

Can you help me??
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We absolutely can help. Can you send a photo of the shoe screwed to the bottom of the sash, so we can get a sense for the problem you're dealing with?
A quick learner from New Haven, CT says:
I need a spring balance 27" long, 3/8" and Red with the following shoe.

As you can see the part of the shoe has broken off, it screws into the bottom of the sash.
Spiral balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the diameter of the outer tube? Yours looks larger than 3/8".

I believe you have a bracket like our 15-172 attached to a 5/8" diameter Series 600 spiral balance. If so, this will need to be specially made for you. I just need to know how many you need. Once I know the quantity, I'll send you a special order link and price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)