stamp option?

A quick learner from florida says:
How do i know what stamp option to go with?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Look for a stamp code on the metal channel. If there is none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of the window sash. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each and every stamp option on a given balance's product page. 

Thanks for the reply.
No stamp, no scale.
Does it matter?
Profile picture of Bob

I'm afraid it does. You want the stamp option you choose for your balance to properly reflect the weight range that your sash's exact weight falls into. Anything else will not work properly with your window. If you can give us that exact weight through some means, we can help. Otherwise, I am afraid there's not much we can do. 

Your SWISCO.com Order #1485331 Is Backordered

I ordered the balance rods already (taking a median guess on the weight) and my order got back ordered so I might as well cancel it and weigh out the balance rod that I do have... I can send a picture of it and maybe you can let me know how to weigh it.
Thanks
Pete
Profile picture of Bob

No worries Pete, I saw to it that your order was cancelled. 

To obtain the exact sash weight, remove the window sash as shown in the video below, then gently place it on a bathroom scale. That should give you a precise enough reading. 

Thanks Bob....we will have the 25" and 30" weighed today.... thanks for the help
Hi bob
my customer removed the 25" balance and texted me the pics (first 4)with a stampnumber of 2330. there isnt an option for the 2330 on the site.
I have the 30" no stamp (pic on scale) which shows 12 fl oz....converted to 3/4 of a lb.....i have no idea what option number on the website corresponds.
I need 10 of the 25" and 10 of the 30" balances
and 60 of the shoes
your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks
pete
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622315983.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622388558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622388573 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622400128 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622400144.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Pete. These appear to be either Series 380 or Series 385 Channel Balances. The difference between these two balance Series is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe, or what can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. See the image below for details.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Have the customer measure the metal channels, but not including the nylon fittings at either end, for the length. Most likely the balance you state is 25" is really 24" in length, which means it would either be an S380-24 or S385-24, with a stamp option of 2330.

For the other balance lacking any stamp option, first off, measure it correctly to see if it's in fact a 29" balance. Secondly, it's not the weight of the balance itself that matters, but rather the exact weight of the window sash that the balance supports. You can match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option under the product description on each and every balance's product page.

I'm not as certain of the Top Sash Guide. Can you show me a clearer picture of its front? 

A quick learner from fl says:
Bob, here are some pics of the shoes i need. the oem is the black ones but my customer would prefer white if possible. I need 60.

these were the ones for the 385 balance rods you were helping me with last week.
We did weigh the sash finally and came up with 15.lbs. unfortunately, swisco doesn't have any in stock.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622400128.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 622400144.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200922_090606699.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200922_090612091.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200922_090616843.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

This looks like our 18-147 Top Sash Guide possible, just review the dimensions to confirm it matches up. Now, unfortunately some of our balances have indeed been out-of-stock, as our suppliers have been working with limited staffs during the public health crisis. However they've been gradually returning to stock, so if you sign up to be auto-notified we'll let you know the moment they again become available. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.